Saturday, January 8, 2011

We're Back!

So, the holidays were pretty busy and Ms. Dee and her family hopes everyone enjoyed their break! 

It has been a bit crazy out here, Fletcher was sick, now MacRae is sick so we have been pretty much home bound and caring for my ailing friends.  We do still hope to get to the crest and out to the Indian Cultural Center, but we do also need to be realistic and my visit here is coming to a close.

Ms. Dee said whether we get to those places or not, I can still learn more about Albuquerque and the Southwest - so - I'll still have more information to share.

Right now, we have some pictures to share from Christmas Eve in NM. 

Here is a picture of the Luminaria Ms. Dee and Mr. Stu put out on Christmas Eve.  For those who follow the tradition, the Luminaria are lit, but you do not turn on your usually Christmas lights and decorations.  This is a picture going down their driveway.


Here is a close up of me helping put them together.  Ms. Dee and Fletcher put out the paper bags with sand it them, and I put the candles in them.


Oh No!  Mr. Stu - be careful with that around me!!!

 Don't worry, we were safe!  You know to never us a lighter or matches - right?


Yes - I did say that the tradition is to not have your other lights on, but Ms. Dee hadn't turned them off yet.  So, this is a view going up the driveway.

 Meaghan finally showed Ms. Dee how to use the camera without a flash - the pictures look better - don't they?



 These are some pictures inside the courtyard - I thought the Luminaria looked really pretty.



Mr. Stu just told us that the is also a Spanish Cultural Center in town - oh boy oh boy!  I hope we do make it there!  Ms. Dee has told be about Mariachi Bands and I'm just so excited to see one!

That's all for now - look for another post in a couple of days!

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment: