Monday, December 13, 2010

Bugg Lights!!!

I know you are all anxiously waiting to see the Bugg Lights!  A little history first.  The Bugg Lights are a well known collection of lights that was started by Mr. and Mrs. Bugg.  Yes, that is their last name.  They began displaying Christmas Lights over 30 years ago and slowly added to their collection until they had so many decorations on their front lawn that people from all over Albuquerque made it a tradition to ride past the "Bugg Lights'.  As Mr. and Mrs. Bugg grew older, they decided to give their collection to an area that was better suited for the flow of traffic that their lights attracted.  Though they didn't originally go to Menaul School (a private 6th - 12th grade boarding school in ABQ), they have ended their travels and found a new and loving home with the students.

Below are the pictures of The Bugg Lights.  I hope you enjoy and that you see, they aren't so different from the ones you may have at home, well, maybe yours but not your mom and dad's lights from childhood.  Many of these displays are over 20 years old!!


 The Train!  The Train!  That is Devon, she loves to ring that bell!

 Mr. Stu was helpful holding me up to the train and to the play house.....I'm feeling a bit small here....

Another Train!

You probably can't see them very well, but those lights along the roof of the building are called Luminaria.  They are a tradition in this area.  I'll get some more pictures to put up for you on them close up.  Mr. Stu lights his Luminaria every Christmas Eve.


 The South Pole!!  We got to see a whole bunch of penguins.  I think Ms. Dee likes penguins, she was all silly and laughing about them.



 A Charlie Brown Christmas....
 Snoopy and ...
 Woodstock - they are my buddies!

We saw a Gingerbread House, Devon was helping me here.



The North Pole!

We peeked in on Santa's Workshop - all the elves are still quit busy.


This is another piece of art - It is a Praying Mantis and Flowers made of metal.  It is bigger than it looks here.


As part of the highlight of my visit to see the Bugg Lights -  I was asked to conduct a small brass band to the holiday music, Deck the Halls.  I happen to mention to them that I was very talented and they asked me to join them.  It was great fun!

IslaRose, Devon and I visited with Santa.  I happen to mention that I was feeling a little small for the area - and Santa fixed that real quick for me.

But now I feel a little TOO Big for the area.  I guess it is all relative!


Gingy!  It was so nice to meet him - we exchanged email addresses.  

I was playing hide and seek with Isla and Devon - they found me in the Nutcrackers mouth.

Here is a picture of the Metal Mantis again - see how big it is?

We decorated the house over the weekend.  I'll have to share some pictures of that later today.  I hope you are all enjoying sharing my visit with me!

1 comment:

  1. We love all the pictures from Bugg Lights. We were happy to find out what that was. We love how you got to conduct the band and play hide and seek. Looks like you are having lots of fun in New Mexico, Flat Stanley!!

    ReplyDelete